This is a corner of my world where the hokey pokey really is what it's all about! So when life hits you all at once ~ just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friendship

When I was growing up, I thought that the more you had the better things were. You know that if given the choice 2 scoops of the worst tasting ice cream was always better then 1 scoop of the best ice cream. Because everyone knows that 2 is better than 1 or is it? It wasn't until I got older when I realized that quality is so much better that quantity. I have always been a person that seemsed to stay to themself and be on the outside looking inward. If you know me you laugh because you see the loud outspoken person but that is because I don't mind stepping out of my comfort zone around you. I have never allowed too many people get close to me~many reasons but if asked how many friends I have~I can count on one hand annd maybe use another finger or two. Now~please understand this is not a complaint. Instead I think of how blessed I am to know that I am lucky to have people I can count on and complain to. Last night my 2 dearest friends and I went out and saw a movie and had dinner. We were celebrating one's birthday and enjoying each others company. It was so much fun! Several times my mind wandered off to the fact that I have been very blessed to have such good friends and I know that one day there is a very good chance that one or both could move away due to their spouses job. Now I could sit and complain how unfair it is that God would place 2 very special people in my life just to snatch them away when I finally have let them into see the real me. But... I instead know that with everything that life has to offer I have to thank God to have let me be at the right place at the right time to have met both of these people. I also know that no matter where this world leads or takes us these 2 people will always be a part of my life. I know that I am truly blessed because it doesn't matter whether I want to vent or need a hug I can always count on the support of these 2 friends. I am so lucky to have friends that accept me for who I am and love me anyway! I hope that you are as lucky as I am to be blessed with friends that will be there for you. I have said on occassions that a friend is one who you call to bail you out of jail but a Real Friend will be sitting in the jail cell with you. Not that my friends and I do things that would get us arrested~but I know that no matter what I can get in to my friends will be right there with me! See how lucky I am!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are the blessed ones......you make us smile, laugh and know that we can count on you for anything. Had fun last night....just being together and "comfortable" in being ourselves!

dot said...

You are very lucky to have such friends! In this day and age I wonder how many people can say that and really mean it.

Andrea said...

That is a sweet post. You are blessed to have such wonderful friends.