This is a corner of my world where the hokey pokey really is what it's all about! So when life hits you all at once ~ just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Teaching Moments

Yes, being a teacher you use any moment as a teaching moment. Even if is about sex to your own children. Today we go to Lowes to buy a female end to an extension cord. My 11 year old is laughing about it being called a female end. But it is my 6 year old that asks me why we call it a female end. So I simply tell her it is because it looks like a girl ~ it is shaped inward. And male ends stick out like boys. My son turns around and looks at me and said, "Really? I didn't know that! Wow!" My daughter said, "oh!" To her it was no big deal~she knows we are not created the same and she is ok~My son is at the age of sexual awareness and is a typical boy. That is when we headed to lighting to pick up lights. My 11 year old son~ starts staring and laughing at the lights.




What does it look like to you? Does it look like a boobie to you well it does to all of us. I am beginning to see how sex can sell everything even lights! I hope you will now never look at lights the same way again! Just remember when you see them and giggle everyone else will wonder what you are laughing at.

5 comments:

Suburbia said...

You should have put them adjacent to each other for even greater effect!! lol!

Susan said...

Suburbia~You are so right but I still struggle with all the blog tricks. I was just glad I could put the pictures where I wanted. Hope you are having a good day!

Nadine said...

I am telling you, I will never look at a light again and not think that. LOL

Liz Hinds said...

Oh thank you! Now how am I ever going to look at lights again?!!

Susan said...

I hope that everytime you look at lights you laugh and try to guess the cup size!