This is a corner of my world where the hokey pokey really is what it's all about! So when life hits you all at once ~ just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Losing Weight


What is it about January that we all decide that now is the time to be healthy? I am trying AGAIN to get on the healthy bandwagon. I get soooooo frustrated with that whole thing. I think it is because I give up too quickly and get tired of looking of those size 3 barbies I teach with talk about their size 3 jeans are snug. Since I teach during the day it isn't an issue but at night with 2 kids, 3 cats, fish, 1 husband, and 1 hermit crab (that is still living~I think) it isn't as easy. My husband(whom I really with our my heart love) kills my diet with eating those wrong things and wanting junk food in the late evening! So this time I decided that WE are ALL going to work on this problem. Jay and I both weigh more now than ever(Even when I was 9 months pregnant) and my kids eat more than they exercise and it will catch up~sooner or later. I have learned that I can not do this alone~friends help! My friends are support to me and I have them to push me on when I can't do it. By myself it would be easy to splurge and quit walking. My goal is to walk 4-5 days a week and watch what and how we eat. I am pushing the water and I am going to start writing down all that I eat throughout the day so that I will count everything! I am going to lean on my family and friends when I get frustrated and hope that this time I will be successful and so will my family. If you are reading this and you are trying to lose weight or get healthy~my prayers and good wishes go to you! Be strong in your fight but most of all keep a sense of humor! have a great night!

3 comments:

Paulie said...

Good plan to get everyone involved. Better for all concerned actually!

Susan said...

I just hope it works! Thanks for the vote of confidence

dot said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for your visit and comment. I'm always glad to find another Georgia blogger. I lived in Waycross for about 5 years.
Good luck with your plan. It's a never ending battle to keep the weight down.