This is a corner of my world where the hokey pokey really is what it's all about! So when life hits you all at once ~ just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Serenity Prayer

I love the Serenity Prayer for so many many reasons. It really is so simple to remember and easy to memorize. But the message it brings is so powerful. Well if you do not know it~here it is.

Lord Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference.
So many times in life the difference is in the knowing what you can and can not change. Well being a teacher at this time of year I have been given a serenity prayer with a twist. Please know this is written in fun and not to offend in any way.

A Prayer for the Stressed!
Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the dead bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off today.
And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on today
as they may be connected to the butt
that I may have to kiss tomorrow!!

I hope your day is not going quite that bad~but if you have had one of those days I hope this bought you a little smile. Have a great day! And remember if you aren't into exercise it takes more muscles to frown than to smile!!

5 comments:

dot said...

You got a laugh out of me!

Lynette said...

Hooray! Hurrah! What a wonderful version you have here. I taught English for 10 years and was a librarian for six--I know from whence you cometh!

mrsnesbitt said...

Thanks for the comment over on my blog. feel free to check out anytime.
Loved the post re your friend. Friends indeed are treasures.

Liz Hinds said...

I've heard that stressed prayer before. it's great, isn't it?!

Suburbia said...

Made me laugh. It's the school holidays here so not in need of this at the moment but will remember it for the future!